Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music

Oh how I love bedtime with little Nicolette.  She's gotten to the point where she actually recognizes and seems to enjoy having me sing to her.  As soon as I start to sing she stops and immediately turns her face to mine.  Melts my heart.  

I sing to her every night while we're in bed getting ready to go to sleep.  We'll lay together nose to nose and I'll go through a whole laundry list of songs and she'll just stare at me and sometimes reach her tiny hand up to my cheek.  Sigh...I hope I never forget moments like this.

My nighttime view
Singing also comes in handy any time the princess starts to get fussy...this evening during dinner she started to whine a little bit so the Italian and I both burst into "You Are My Sunshine" and she totally stopped and started smiling and giggling.  So if you see (or hear me) walking around Target or the Mall singing "This Little Light of Mine" just know that there's a reason and I haven't totally lost my mind.  

Here's our current repertoire...if you have suggestions for other sweet songs we can sing together please share!  I'm still not totally "with it" on kids songs.  Disney Radio and Toddler Radio on Pandora are helping (and I have to admit that I LOVE listening to Disney Radio...even if N is napping in the other room :) 

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Jesus Loves Me
Go to Sleepy Little Baby
Edelweiss (Sound of Music)
You Are My Sunshine
This Little Light of Mine
Sleep Little Child
Come Just as You Are
Amazing Grace
Jesus Loves the Little Children
Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid - one of my FAVORITE movies)
Do-Re-Mi (Sound of Music)
If You're Happy and You Know It
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Wizard of Oz)

And special additions for the holidays include: 
Silent Night
Oh Holy Night 
Away in a Manger
Joy to the World

Speaking of the Sound of Music...I was stoked to hear that NBC will be broadcasting a LIVE production of the Sound of Music in 2013 starring Carrie Underwood as Maria VonTrapp.  I love me some Carrie Underwood, but NO ONE will ever compare to Julie Andrews.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment