Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Walker David - 3 Months

Time is flying by and while I'm not able to sit and document as many moments for Walker as I did with Nicolette I did want to pause for a moment and write a few things down. I'm strangely aware that this precious time is going to be gone before I know it. And although in the moment I feel certain that I'll remember these things for ever I know all to well that as time passes by I will slowly forget some of these precious moments and feelings.


Walker, you are 3 months old now. I feel like over the past week or so you have suddenly woken up and are aware of this great big, magical world that we've brought you into. Your smiles are contagious. I can't help but giggle when I hear your sweet (and LOW) chuckles (you have the funniest little low voice that sounds so silly coming from such a sweet little baby). You look at me in a way that no one ever has before. I have never seen such love coming from someone's eyes. I call them your "googely eyes" and I love them. I know someday they'll go away but I hope I never forget the way that sweet look makes me feel. I've tried to capture the "googely eyes" on camera but it's something you don't want to share with anyone else apparently so I'll try to take a mental picture and save it in my mind forever. You've started using your hands much more over the past week. You're grabbing toys and batting your arms at things like crazy. You even managed to pull your own hair the other day…you were not a fan of that. You love to kick your legs…I call you Sir Kicks A Lot because you'll just lay on your back on a blanket and kick your legs nonstop for minutes at a time. You smile the whole time and seem to be quite proud of yourself! You're great at tummy time, I can lay you down on your tummy and sometimes you'll push your head and chest way up and look around and wiggle your legs. You can roll over from tummy to back (when you really want to). But sometimes you just lay your head to the side and relax and are still and quiet. You're an amazing sleeper and have been from the day we brought you home from the hospital. I woke you up every 3-4 (sometimes 5) hours for the first 4 weeks but after that I started letting you sleep longer stretches and by 5 weeks you were regularly sleeping 7 hours at a time. Within another couple of weeks you were regularly up to 8-10 hours a night. It's so strange to me to have a baby who not only sleeps but will put himself to sleep. Although sometimes I really wish you would let me cuddle and snuggle you more before going to sleep I am grateful for the extra rest that you've given me by preferring to put yourself to sleep. After I feed you, I burp you, lay you on your swaddle blanket and talk and smile with you before wrapping you up tight, laying you in your bassinet and saying night night. You look at me with those sweet, googely eyes, blink a few times and are usually asleep pretty quickly. Although just today you've started "talking" quite a bit. You've spent several minutes just talking before falling asleep for your naps and bedtime today. It's sweet to hear you discover your voice. I'm excited to watch you grow up sweet boy but don't want to wish this time away and just wish I could bottle it all up. You're growing SO quickly and I don't want to forget a single thing! xoxo, my sweet boy. Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment