Thursday, March 22, 2012

This week....

So we're 24 weeks along this week.  Time is really flying by!  According to my checklist on thebump.com we're supposed to start assembling our nursery furniture this week....uh....I guess we're a little behind.  We have nursery furniture picked out but we haven't purchased anything yet and we just got the second batch of paint from Restoration Hardware for daddy to finish painting the nursery so we're just going to be content to be behind on the "to-do" list.

But in more exciting news this week - daddy FINALLY felt Nicolette move!  We were in bed watching a movie and I asked him just to keep his hand on her to see if she would come out of hiding and low and behold all of 2 minutes later she gave him a good solid kick.  The look on his face was PRICELESS!  It's definitely becoming more and more real with every passing day.  In just under 16 weeks (or somewhere around there), we'll have our little bundle with us!

I know I'm in the "happy trimester" as my doc calls it, but I didn't realize how wiped out I can get.  I started the month with a couple of 6 day, 60+/- hour work weeks and I'm just getting to take some comp time to recover today and tomorrow.  Yesterday I felt super light headed and actually had to lay down on the kitchen floor while making my breakfast because I thought I was going to pass out.  The Italian helped me back to bed and after about an hour in bed and some much needed breakfast I felt well enough to get my rear end to work, but still felt woozie and out of it for the rest of the day.  Today I had the day off so I spent most of the day in bed and still felt woozie this morning but am feeling MUCH better now.  Good grief I should feel better - I rested for about 12 hours today!  Anyway, note to self, I'm going to avoid the 12-14 hour work days at all costs...it takes me much too long to catch back up.  And if I feel that wiped out I can only imagine what little Nicolette is feeling in there.

Still no crazy cravings - wanting lots of fruit and fresh strawberries with Nutella is our favorite dessert for the moment.  And actually if you haven't tried it and have access to a Trader Joe's, you should try their cocoa-almond spread...we actually like it BETTER than Nutella.

So that in a nutshell is week 24...still hangin' in there and getting more and more excited with each day!  Thanking God for each and every little blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly!

    Will you please share your beautiful success story on my forum? www.pcoshope.com

    It would be wonderful to inspire others with PCOS and give them hope, the same way you have done for me.....THANK YOU!!!

    Chanell

    ReplyDelete