Tuesday, September 25, 2012

11 Weeks...

Where has the time gone?  I cannot believe that our little angel is 11 weeks old.  Sometimes it seems like she's been with us much longer because I really can't remember life "pre-Nicolette" and sometimes it seems like she was just born.

What's even harder to believe is that if we had made some different decisions I would be reporting back to work this week.  I honestly cannot fathom what it would be like to have to be separated from Nicolette for a few hours a day much less the 9-12 hours a day, 5-6 (and sometimes 7) days a week that my former job required.  I would rather live in my car than miss that much time with her.  Every moment is so precious and things are changing SO quickly!

I feel like every few days she discovers something new or I notice a change in her face, or growing body.  For the past couple of weeks Nicolette has been very focused on her hands.  It's really cute how she'll sometimes sit in her bouncy seat and play with her hands - she almost looks like she's wringing her hands like some crafty evil genius (in a cute way).

I splurged and bought a Fisher Price Kick & Play Piano Gym...this thing is awesome!!!  Previously I would put Nicolette on the floor on a blanket and I'd move rattles and toys around overhead to try and get her to look different directions, start to roll, etc.  It hardly ever worked.  She would pretty much lay still on the floor with a couple of kicks here and there.  After the piano gym was introduced we were looking at a whole new ballgame.  The mat has an upright keyboard on one end and when she kicks her legs and presses the keys different tones and tunes are played.  There is an arched bar overhead with a mirror as well as several toys all along the arch.  Within 15 minutes of being on the mat she had rolled over onto her right side and by the next play session she had rolled onto her left side!  She also reaches out to grab the toys on the sides and has a strong grip.  She'll also wiggle herself around in different directions and wind up diagonally or even a full 90 degrees from where she started.  We love this toy and the smiles and coos that we see and hear make the $45 investment totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment