Wednesday, April 11, 2012

World War III

Now I'm not usually one to air out my dirty laundry but here goes.  So ya know how I've been surprised at how I'm not freaking out about not having anything done for little Nicolette?  Well, I think perhaps I've repressed some of that energy (which beautifully released itself this weekend)...here's the story -

Friday night I mentioned to the Italian that I had to work on Saturday.  I knew that he was off this weekend so asked him if he thought he could "finish up" in the nursery.  (Note that that was a question, not a demand).  Now the tasks that the Italian had offered to complete for project nursery were paint walls, paint ceiling, install crown moulding (his idea, not mine) and paint said crown moulding.  He answers "yes".  He already had the walls painted so needed to paint the ceiling and handle the crown moulding.  So in my mind the affirmative answer meant that all would be completed this weekend - hooray!  (sidenote - we had already committed to Easter lunch with my parents on Sunday so I knew that that was going to eat into his schedule along with the Masters being on TV - apparently a national week of reverance for those who love golf). 

So I get home from work Saturday and notice that the hubs is not home - I looked in the nursery and nothing had been done so I thought SURELY he had made a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot to pick up some much needed supplies.  I go about my evening busying myself with chores when he bee-bops in and I realize that he was not at aforementioned home improvement stores but out playing golf.  Hmmmm...so I'm not the kind to blow up - I'm even worse I'm a passive aggressive pain in the arse.  (This is not a pregnancy hormone related issue...it's just how I roll - not proud of it, but I recognize and own it completely).  He notices aforementioned passive aggressive pouting and asks what is wrong and I calmly state that I thought he was going to finish up the nursery...things escalate within a matter of 5 minutes reaching a fevered pitch as he calls me a nag and tells me to get off his back and it ends with me telling him that I think he's lazy and that I hate golf.  (now the ironic thing is that he was more offended with the "I hate golf" statement than the fact that I called him lazy - who would have thought that would be the bigger insult?  Guys are weird...Lesson learned). 

Then comes Sunday morning.  The Italian is up earlier than usual and heads to Lowes for crown moulding supplies.  He returns as a man on a mission - bound and determined to prove me wrong and finish the project by the end of the weekend.  Oh and did I mention that he's happy about it...REAL happy about it (note sarcasm).  

Needless to say, he did NOT make it to my parent's house for Easter so it was just Nicolette, myself and Grandma and Grandpa for the day.  It was nice though - we got to skype with some of my relatives in Iowa - none of whom I have seen since our wedding (nearly 7 years ago)!!!!!

So lessons learned -
  • For wife: Do not call your husband lazy (especially when he really isn't - he's actually super handy and takes care of 99.9% of our home projects and renovations - granted he does so on his own timing which is where we butt heads...when I say I'm going to do something, I like to do it immediately.  Him?  Not so much - he'll get to it when he gets to it and he might say that he'll get to it today which I am supposed to know means it might be another month). 
  • For husband: Do not tell your wife that you will complete a project AND go to her parent's house over the weekend if you are really planning to spend an entire day playing golf which will make it impossible to complete said committments.
By the time I got home Sunday night, the crown moulding was up, ceiling was painted and all was well with the Italian happily watching Bubba Watson win the Masters (have to admit I'm a Bubba Watson fan so I was happy about that "win" too http://www.faithnews.cc/2012/04/02/pga-golfer-bubba-watson-lets-his-light-shine/).
   
Aside from that drama (which really should not have been drama at all) not much is going on.  Today is Hump Day Bump Day, so here we are at 27 weeks!!!!  She's taking over for sure!  Next week I'll officially be in the THIRD TRIMESTER - the HOME STRETCH!!!!  I can't believe it!  My due date is exactly 3 months from today! 


I'll post pics of "Project Nursery" soon!  We still have no furniture - but we'll make sure she has somewhere to sleep before she arrives :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment