Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wake up call!

HOLY MOLY!  A friend and co-worker of mine who is also pregnant (only 2 weeks ahead of me) delivered her baby yesterday.  All is well and baby and mommy (and daddy) are all fine (PRAISE GOD), but boy was this a wake up call for me!  She was only 35 weeks pregnant!   I'm 32 1/2 weeks pregnant...What in the world would I do if little Nicolette arrived in two weeks?  (cue panic attack and remember to remind hubby that the car seat that we're registered for is at Babies r' Us - we can make do without all the other stuff, but if we want to bring baby girl home that is the one thing that we absolutely have to have).  

Starting TODAY I'm going to definitely start taking it much easier and slow down.  (I say as I'm typing on my laptop at 4:30 in the morning instead of sleeping).  After the 5k yesterday I went straight to work where I was on my feet for most of the day meeting with clients and giving tours of the Hotel, then went to the grocery store and Sam's, then came home put everything away and made dinner, did dishes, etc.  I was on my feet about 80% of the time from 5am until 8pm...and I felt it at the end of the night.  I couldn't even sit on the couch and hang out with the Italian last night I just HAD to go lay down in bed (and was fast asleep within 30 minutes).

Anyway, sorry for the scattered post - Above all I'm keeping the Yatko family in my prayers and praising God that mommy and baby are well - even with this early arrival!  What a blessing that everyone is healthy and happy!    

And to my little one, "We can't wait to meet you baby Nicolette, but please stay put and "cook" for another month or so!  You have plenty of years ahead of you to give me anxiety so no need to start this early."  :)  




"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight" ~ Proverbs 3:5-6  

No comments:

Post a Comment